JPIMedia is a leading media company within the UK with trusted media brands including The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, NI Newsletter and Portsmouth News. As part of our portfolio we have an events division who produce over 60 events each year.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Event Manager, to grow events particularly within the Yorkshire region.
The role involves ensuring that both the commercial and delivery aspects of all projects are fulfilled on time and to target so an ability to generate revenue as well as deliver quality events is essential.
You will take on existing events, but will also be expected to support in new event generation, which align to the current strategy. You will be part of a wider team that are based in multiple locations across the UK, so whilst Yorkshire will be your initial focus, you should be open to travel and supporting other regions as they will also support you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing division and play a key role in expanding our events programme. Alongwith that will come promotion and career opportunities for the correct individual.
- Deliver a programme of events which meet/exceed associated revenue and profit targets associated with events
- Create professional sales proposals to engage, both new and existing, commercial partners with events
- Create a revenue retention strategy to ensure a high re-book rate across allocated key projects
- Identify, understand and deliver all key tasks involved in delivering each individual event project
- Engage, negotiate and communicate effectively with a network of internal and external customers to support in event delivery plans
- Work collaboratively with other event teams across the UK to support in the delivery of events, as and when required
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the events industry and general practices and apply to JPI Media events programme where appropriate
- Research and suggest possible new event opportunities which align to current national growth strategy
- Report regularly and accurately to next level management on progress against targets and all event delivery aspects
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in sponsorship generation linked to events projects
- Strong understanding of financial management to ensure projects are delivered to exceed profit targets without impacting on event quality
- A well organised self starter who takes pride in delivering the very best events
- Proactive approach to problem solving and innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience in specifically delivering awards ceremonies and conferences would be advantageous
JPIMedia is committed to being an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We encourage and consider flexible working arrangements for all roles.