Event Coordinator, Reuters Events
Do you thrive under pressure, have a passion for organisation and the ability to handle responsibility right from the start? We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Coordinator with a can-do attitude to join the expanding Operations Team at Reuters Events, and help us organise a busy portfolio of virtual and physical international events. If you want the opportunity to work in a fast-paced global b2b conference company and develop your career quickly, we are interested in talking to you.
Established in 1990 as FCBI, Reuters Events was acquired by Reuters in 2019. We deliver world-class conferences and content across the globe, and work with industry leaders and visionaries to provide the critical intelligence senior level executives need to make strategic decisions.
Reuters Events brings together Reuters globally trusted brand, scale and editorial excellence aligned with domain expertise. We provide content-led conferences for professionals in highly specialized industry sectors to complement our extensive, in-depth content. Reuters Events exists to deliver the intelligence and foster the relationships that shape strategy and safeguard success at leading companies worldwide.
About the Role
As an Event Coordinator, you will:
- Successfully plan and manage the end-to-end logistics for your own small events – all formats: in-person, hybrid & virtual
- Work as part of a team to plan and manage the logistics for medium to large events, supporting on various key tasks with guidance and support from a manager
- Research and source venues, suppliers, and contractors – then negotiate budgets and contracts to ensure quality of service whilst keeping costs to a minimum
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to bring the events to life and ensure their commercial success
- Travel to and supervise the on the day running of the events
To be our Event Coordinator, you will likely have:
- Some experience in an event-based role for a B2B conference company or a relevant internship as part of an event management degree
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, work efficiently and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Some experience of managing budgets and negotiating costs
- Working knowledge of health and safety guidelines and practices for in-person events (ideally IOSH qualified)
- Excellent communication skills
- Virtual event management experience or be tech-savvy and able to pick up new platforms
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 7th May 2021.
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our employees
- Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thomsonreuters.com.