The Leadership Network®
About the job
The Leadership Network provides executive Masterclasses to the most senior managers of Fortune 500 companies that are designed and delivered by globally acclaimed industry leaders. We work in partnership with world’s biggest businesses including Toyota, BMW, Nike, Philips to help senior industry professionals do things better, smarter, faster and cheaper.
As part of our team at The Leadership Network, you will be assisting with the organisation of our Masterclasses. This is an organisational role that requires utmost attention to detail and great performance under pressure and tight deadlines, which would suit someone who is highly organised, resourceful and keen to deliver quality results and who is interested in building a career in event and/or logistics management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with managing events stock e.g. VR headsets, accessories, event collaterals.
- Working with other members of Events, Production and Design teams to obtain all necessary Masterclass collaterals and distribute to the Masterclass attendees.
- Hosting onboarding sessions to help our members set up their devices and navigate in VR, supporting members during the Masterclasses should they have any questions / technical issues. Training will be provided.
- Assisting with post-event feedback – managing evaluation forms and adding the responses to the digital database, allocating feedback to respective members on CRM and producing Event Feedback Reports.
What we need from you:
- You will be extremely organised, accurate and efficient.
- Able to deliver results under pressure and to deadlines.
- Consistently follow processes which are in place; a high degree of self-compliance is expected.
- Highly proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; ideally previous experience with CRM.
- Strong team player; you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part that you play.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for Virtual Reality.
- Highly professional and positive in your thoughts, words, action and appearance as you will be the face of the company when interacting with our members.
What you can expect from the role:
- You will be part of an innovative team who always looks at ways to improve and deliver better service / training to our members. We celebrate our successes and learn from our failures so it’s a great environment for growth and development.
- You will be required to work from our offices in Wapping overlooking the River Thames on one side and the City on the other side of the office.
- You will have a busy and demanding role which will be highly rewarding when events are successfully delivered, and members’ feedback reflects on the team’s professionalism and can-do attitude.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV to apply, screening calls will be held w/c 5th April.
Application deadline: 09/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Entry salary £20,000.00 per annum, this will be reviewed in line with performance in the role
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.