The HP Europe & Africa Communications team are looking for two motivated individuals with strong cognitive abilities to work for a leading technology company. The successful candidates will take on international roles to work on global communication campaigns and events.
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company, present across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it’s who we are and what we have been doing since 1939. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
This is a unique opportunity offering two placement students’ insightful knowledge into the communications sector, experience working within an international team in a fast-paced industry and to take ownership of pan-Europe & Africa projects. Key tasks include developing coverage reports to showcase the communication team activities to HP stakeholders, support the Europe & Africa regional team in the day-to-day running of communication priorities, collaborating with external agencies in coordinating events, reports and press releases, whilst also searching for opportunities to meet business unit priorities.
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to interact with other departments of the business through the mentor scheme, and to participate in activities and tasks outside of your core responsibilities. As an intern, you will also be able to immerse yourself in the charity and volunteering committee, raising money towards a chosen charity.
- Analyse and produce Europe & Africa and product specific coverage reports on a weekly and quarterly basis
- Assist with campaigns and events, including logistics support and briefing books
- Attend and support UK influencer and press events (logistics, badging, distribution press kits etc)
- Support pan-Europe & Africa managers with aligning Tier 2 markets with communication priorities
- Produce LinkedIn posts that can be leveraged across Europe & Africa markets
- Assist in the management of HP Media Relations address for Europe & Africa markets
Knowledge and Skills
- Adaptive and resilient – in an ever-changing technology environment we require individuals who can work dynamically to handle unique situations
- Strong time and project management skills with a positive work ethic
- Demonstrates initiative and confidence in their ability to work on their own with minimal direct day-to-day supervision
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive and inquiring mind who can work individually and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work as part of HP team and with external agencies
- Eager to perform and exceed expectations
- Proactive in finding further opportunities to support the pan-Europe & Africa team
- Strong written/oral communication skills and analytical, with high degree of personal credibility and professionalism
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of LinkedIn for communications purposes
- Strong PC skills – Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint
- Currently in full-time education, completing their second year of university
- On track in achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- Desirable degrees focused around Business, Psychology, English, Marketing or Communications, however this is not essential
Positions available: 2
Based: Reading, UK, with frequent travel to the London office
Please apply through this page with your CV and covering letter, please note you will be required to create a Workday account.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hp.com.