Website Future Functions
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for an Operations Assistant to join Future Functions and volunteer at our virtual murder mystery event ‘Shot Down in Lockdown’. We would like our volunteers to be familiar with the Zoom platform, organised and responsible.
This event can count towards your volunteering hours at level 5.
What is our event?
‘Shot Down in Lockdown’ is an interactive virtual murder mystery event on Saturday 27th March, 7pm-10pm. This event offers a chance of escapism for the evening with an engaging storyline and live actors from The Elemental Theatre Company, with prizes included.
This is an immersive experience where attendees will be fully engaged throughout as the event will include pre-recorded performances, interviews with live actors and a detective package including clues, programme, suspect profiles and props. The first team to guess the murderer, motive and weapon wins a prize.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for managing a breakout room.
- Always have the Zoom chat open and respond to any messages.
- Keep an eye out for people wanting to buy clues and communicate this back to the Future Functions team.
- Managing the Google Docs links that contain clues and sending them to the correct people.
- Ensure attendees are engaged through out.
- Check in with the Future Functions team and report immediately if any issues arise.
- If the actors Wi-Fi cuts out, you are responsible for sharing your screen and playing the pre-recorded clip that you will have access to in advance.
- In charge of recording the breakout session.
You will be expected to attend one meeting with the Future Functions team and one full practice run through of the event.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Social media links:
Facebook: Future Functions
Estimated hours: 8